Data Science student at the University of California at Berkeley.
Currently employed at M Science as a Data Engineer.
I am particularly interested in Machine Learning (Neural Networks especially),
Natural Language Processing, and Cloud Computing.
In my free time I like to weightlift, read, and watch Zelda and Mario speedruns. I'm currently reading "The Collected Novels of Stefan Zweig" translated by Anthea Bell and "Dune Messiah" by Frank Herbert. Feel free to message me about anything book-related or otherwise.
- Construct PySpark/SQL ETL pipelines for full raw-to-deliverable processing of large-scale data
- Optimize AWS EC2 configurations to cut pipeline costs and runtime by as much as 60%
- Developed DataOps-controlled pipeline orchestration systems, reducing runtimes by over 20%
- Design and implement ETL automated test suites to guarantee the accuracy of client deliverables
Period: March 2022 - Present
- Designed frontend interface for a master data pipeline to derive insights from enterprise application data
- Developed an Ontology-driven ETL Orchestration tool used by 50+ developers using React
- Built scalable desktop applications using React, Node.js, TypeScript, and Electron
Period: May 2021 - March 2022
Software Engineer Intern
- Developed cutting-edge machine learning & graph database models for supply chain & maintenance forecasting applications to mitigate risk & reduce lifetime costs of advanced weapons systems
- Delivered valuable insights on large datasets using statistical analysis and MatPlotLib visualizations
Period: May 2020 - May 2021
Master of Information and Data Science
The MIDS Program at Berkeley's school of information is one of the nation's strongest data science programs. There is an emphasis on small class sizes and end-to-end knowledge of data science that has really helped me progress as a scientist. At MIDS I regularly get to work with professionals with a diverse set of backgrounds to tackle interesting and difficult problems.
Expected Graduation: 2024
Bachelor of Computer Science
Utah's top research institution. I received a B.S. in Computer Science in the Spring of 2021. I took courses in Software Engineering and Data Science. I'm grateful for the opportunities I had while I was at the U and I appreciate my professors for holding my to a high standard. I was a member of Triangle, a STEM fraternity where I met many of my closest colleagues.
Graduated In: 2021
Associate of Science
I took concurrent enrollment classes at UTU thanks to the Success Academy Program that enabled me to graduate high school with enough credits to earn my associates degree at 18. I loved the small class sizes and community. The individual attention I received from professors kindled my passion for mathematics, science, and computing. Subjects I'm still passionate about today.
Graduated In: 2018
Bank Document Verifier
A collaborative workspace geared to enable financial
institutions to automate their application processes. Created using Angular, TypeScript,
and SCSS. Here, banks can automatically
verify important documents such as W2s, Schedule C's, etc. and
approve applicants. BDV allows for real-time communication to ensure loans are processed
accurately and timely.
The Bank Document Verifier team was awarded 2nd place in the University of Utah's School of Computing's 2021 Spring capstone presentations
Aye-Aye: Semantic Lexicon Induction
A semi-supervised lexicon induction algorithm! Given just a few seed words this the Aye-Aye can learn any semantic category to a high degree of precisionGithub Repo
PyGame Flappy Bird
Recreation of flappy bird created in Python using the PyGame library.Github Repo
Portfolio website designed by me to showcase my talents and allow me to express my resume in a virtual medium. Created with HTML, CSS, and Bootstrap.Github Repo
ASCII Image Converter
An application that allows users to submit images and convert them to their ASCII equivalents. Multiprocessing is used to speed up conversion on larger images. The image above is an egg I tested this on.Github Repo